Tuesday, April 17, 2007

200 pounds beauty

I caught this Korean movie with viv last sat. I thought this was another korean slapstick. But I am wrong. It made alot of people wet their hankies.

The story is simple. Han-Na is a overweight and unattractive girl with a warm heart but blessed with an unbelievable voice from God. Han-Na has always wanted to be a pop-singer, but due to her appearance, could only work as a faceless singer. She provides the vocals for a popular singer named Ami, a beautiful young lady that can't carry a note to save her life.

Most of the more amusing scenes are about how people treat her differently. Yet with this simple story, 200 Pounds Beauty has attracted more than 5 million viewers in Korea and the movie is still doing well at the box office.

The key lesson learnt from this movie is success comes with huge sacrifices, which are irreversible. Sometimes, life can be sweet just as it is.

No comments: