I completed my toastmaster project 1 on 14 May 2009.
Outline of my speech:
I begin the speech by introducing myself as a reinstated member of the club. Reason why I suspended my subscription with the club, which is to pay more attention to my pregnant wife. My life now revolved around my bb boy, who is 15 mths old. The learning lesson I derived from him, that prompted me to reignite my passion to public speaking and goal of becoming a competent communicator. Learning from the bb, when he is learning a new skill eg. crawling, he will keep repeating the actions till it becomes automatic to him. Then he proceeds to work on the next skill, eg standing. Practice makes perfect.
I am naturally a shy person and hv been a science student all my life. Till one day it donned on me that if I were to always do the same thing, I would always get the same thing. I decided to change to business degree instead. Predominately female. Unstructured. Though I din meet my wife there. Nonetheless, it changed the way how I work with people, how I interact with them, How I see things, How I think. But it indirectly led me to my wife. I was a project manager in my first job, where my wife was doing temp jobs there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment